New Western Talent
May 8 – 31, 2020
New Western Talent is a juried online exhibition highlighting up-and-coming 2-D artists focusing on landscape, cowboy, native and wildlife subjects, represented in styles varying from abstract to photorealistic and classic to contemporary. Artists were juried on a three-piece body of work. The show will be archived here in the weeks to come.
Best in Show: Morgan Irons
Jurors’ Choice Award: Morgan Irons
Curator’s Choice Award: S.M. Chavez
Public’s Choice Award: Libby Humeniuk
- Artists presented 3 recent pieces to be reviewed as a small body of work
- Attention was be paid to aesthetics, concept, subject and execution
- Best in Show and additional awards based on jury scores, featured on the WG instagram feed and archived on the WG website.
- Curator’s award to be chosen by gallery director, featured on the WG instagram feed and archived on the WG website.
- At least one artist will be selected to be featured on Season 2 of Horizons by Western Gallery podcast (2020).
Working as a gallerist at LewAllen Galleries in Santa Fe, Brandon represents some of the most important artists in classic contemporary, modern and western art.
A contributor to Western Art Scene, Rose is an Arkansas cattle rancher and a bonafide western art enthusiast, travelling to shows and museums whenever she can get away.
Join the WG Guest List for more updates and info about future shows and events.