Add this Artwork to Your Collection
Works ship free to the U.S.A. Global shipping is available.
Only 1 left in stock
🔒 Secure payment
Secure transactions by credit card through Stripe. Learn more.
🚛 Insured delivery
Shipped works are carefully packed to industry standards and are fully insured.
How does this work?
Learn about Collecting with Western Gallery »
Want to know more?
Schedule a Conversation with the Curator »
More about Blue Jacket
Blue Jacket is named for a Shawnee American Indian war chief, and was inspired by an Indian Relay racehorse, mashed up with graffiti, on a background inspired by American Indian weaving. The meaning of the paint colors and war paint symbols is:
- Red symbolizes war, blood, strength, energy, and power.
- Blue symbolizes wisdom and confidence.
- Hoof prints indicate the number of horses captured in raids.
- Lightning bolts ask for speed for the horse.
- Hailstones are a prayer for hail to fall on the warrior’s enemy.
- Bands across the nose indicate battles won.
Total Dimensions: 10 x 20 x 2″